Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Configure Google Talk account in iChat!

There are n number if sites which says something similar. And the google site too says this. I wanted to configure my iChat with the Google talk ID i've. Unfortunately, all i was able to see after configuring and trying to connect was a dialog box saying "Unable to connect to host talk.google.com". No progress! And after n searches on the net regarding the same, i was unable to login to my jabber  account in gtalk through iChat. Finally a friend of mine did rescue me when he told me to try 443 port. Thanks to Shivanand! The port 5223 somehow fails to  work in my office network. I'm not sure what would be the reason. Anyways, i thought i would put it up here in my blog.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

you are always welcome boss :)