Thursday, August 21, 2008

Talking straight...

This is one of the best books I've ever read entire life. Iaccoca is a master in writing and he puts into words some of his experiences which he encountered when he was in Chrysler. And the way he put it made me read this book end to end. I did take a lot of time to finish this book considering it took me a long 3 weeks but then i did not want to run through this valuable writing of one of the most celebrated persons around the world and successful CEOs of the world in a hurry. He's put in thoughts on values he has, be it family/work he has a way to do everything. I picked this book up to read from a library near by but, now i feel strongly that i should get myself a copy of this extraordinary piece of a book. Though I've not read the biography Mr.Iaccoca has written, now after reading this book, i certainly am looking forward to it. I like the humorous part of Iaccoca a lot. He has a different way of putting things into words.

The part which touched me most was the importance of cutting down on military expense and putting them into educating the future population of the nation! I think that is noble. On how a country's assets are it's people and it's the government's duty to look after them. How a country can be a little considerate in forming laws that could help the home industry survive and fight external competition. And some of the trade practices followed by Japan and Korean companies were a eye opener! His sense of patriotism in the book shows and that is the kind of love every citizen must show to his motherland.

And so it goes.. with a wide variety of topics put up chapter wise very nicely. Do read this book when you have time to spare. You won't be disappointed. :)

No comments: