Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Introspection and Retrospection!

An year has gone by and when i look back in time there are things that i think i could have done better. Even though not by a large extent, a bit better here and bit there would've made good differences. But we all know we never have second chances and this is what makes life most interesting as we move ahead trying the uncertainities at our own best as much as we could. Over all i think this has been a year filled with personal highs and also lows. I've made good grounds on the career front and would like to keep the momentum up and going this way for the years to come too. On the personal note, this was more than a bad year for me. I lost one of my closest friend and companion. The less i talk the better here as i don't want to get into something that was foolish of me in the first place and very painful back then in the first half of the year and I've since then decided not to think of it at any stage.

I've successfully lost some weight (close to 7 Kilos) this year. Not with a lot of effort though ;) This is what is quite surprising! It jus happened with my shift to Bangalore (The larger part of it). Initially some Cycling/Jogging did help me focus on loosing weight. But then as usual I did not stick to it for long. Surprisingly, after moving to Bangalore i did no exercise and i lost weight! Might have to do with the food habits. But then it helps. ;) I miss my bicycle here as i have left it behind when i shifted jobs in June. Now i need to bring it here or atleast think of buying a new one soon.

I've shifted jobs after working with my previous employer for a good three and a half years. A mixed bag of  experience. I miss my friends from that place and i love my job profile here. I would not say that what i got from my previous employer was bad, but something was amiss. That is what i feel. Or maybe i did not grab the opportunity that was coming my way there. No use contemplating on it now as I've moved on and it is better.

Another notable high is the point that I've started playing again. With the corporate cricket matches organized every now and then in the weekends with the other companies, every weekend becomes somthing that i look forward to on a otherwise boring and low monday. It's something that I always craved for last 4 years since i graduated. The leather ball hitting the meat of the willow sounds music.. :)

More than anything, i loved my decision this summer to start with this blog. I'm happy I did this. I wanted to write on something and i did hold on to a decision of mine (which i rarely do!). And the best thing is, i'm still writing pieces into it. I'm not sure why i started this in the first place. Initially started off anonymously and then i thought i would give away my identity as this was not a very secret stuff that i did here. Anonymous initially was probably because i might loose interest or maybe stop having topics to blog on. So i waited to realize that i would continue doing this for good/worse. ;) One constant piece of criticism that i got from my friends for this page is that it contained articles only on cricket/bikes/movies. He he he. Let me see what i could so about this in the next year. For this year this is the one before another final one.

Now let me look forward to the next year and also deciede what would be my priorities for the year ahead......

No comments: