Saturday, October 4, 2008

Crikeet crikeet crikeet...

I've something nice to say today. Have been holding it back till the event actually happened and it went right. Have has a fear that things would go wrong as it usually does with me in cricket (usually). I'm playing for my company cricket team now and it's fun to be knocking the cherry red ball around the park. It's more than a month now that i've been practicing with the team now in the nets every weekend for a good 3 hour sessions. The first match that i got to watch our team in action was with the ITC cricket team. Unfortunately i had to sit out as a 12th man for this match. A 20-20 version of the game that is quite popular now. Felt good though to sit out watching the team perform from the pavillion. But at the same time felt bad that we lost this all important match. :( We lost the quarters of the tourney that we had entered. The tourneys are organized by this organizer named Bright sports. He get these corporate teams to play together is some of the good cricket grounds.
Today again was an all important day as this new series with four teams involved has started. EFI, Genpact, Makemytrip and Nokia are participating. We played against Nokia today in the afternoon hot sun. I got into the playing 11 finally as a opener this time. Nokia batted first and our bowlers did a good job bundling them for a paltry 101 runs! He he he. Now it was left for us batsmen to finish the game for our team. The first ball i faced was a bit nervous moment for me as i was playing a match after 4.5 yesrs. The last time i played a match with a leather ball was for my college cricket team! He he he... The bowler balled a wide and i was so relieved. And then me and my batting partner moved from singles to boundaries and we reached the target in the 9th over! The best part being a hundred run unbeaten partnership between us to win a comprehensive victory of 10 wickets over the opponent! Boy, i was happy to be in the middle and my batting partner got the man of the match award for a breezy knock of 52 runs... I was unbeaten at 25 runs. Everybody was in a joyous mood in the team and the mood seems right for the next two matches lined up for this weekend. We play genpact and Makemytrip on saturday and sunday. Loking forward to these matches now... :)

BTW, here is snap of me and Unni (with his man of the match cup). The snap was taken on a mobile cam so please excuse me for the quality of the snap.

No comments: