Sunday, July 13, 2008

Post Number 50

What is with the number 50? Well, a batsman in the game of cricket would've been proud to raise his cricket bat after he reached this number. If i was 50 years of age i would be looking back at the amount of time I've lived on the surface of this awesome planet. But then now on my 50th post I've something funny to write. :)

Well, it happened so that me and my cousin started off to S.P road in Bangalore to get a quotation for a PC that i planned to buy. And everything went on well until we reached the place and him riding my motorbike. And me pillioning on my bike watching trees and birds sitting on the trees. Also, some beautiful birds who were not sitting on the trees ;) he he he. We reached the place and needless to say this place is so so jam packed with the streets very narrow and shops very very small dwelling on both sides in the road. Not an inch of space you could find on a Saturday evening that is not taken up. Cattle, people, motorists everyone on roads. he he he. Funny sight. We managed to find some nice place to park our bikes. Being the smart ass me that i am, i jus ignored the parking symbols on the board and my cousin who pretty much grew in Bangalore also was wondering what the sign meant. So happily we went in search of the vendor we were looking for. Finally got hold of him and we gave him a description of my dream machine(sort off) and he came up with his price list and a quotation was soon to follow neatly done. I bought a Creative SBS 300 speakers. A la 2.1 speakers. BTW, all this while we are happily spending time discussing different combinations and pricing issues for my comp. We leave the dealer to himself a good hour later and am at top of the world with the thought of good deal what i thought the buy would turn out to be. My cousin points me something that suddenly bought me back to senses, yeah, my bike's not there where i had parked. ;) ha ha ha. Thank god, a look around did give us scenes where in policemen were towing other bikes parked on the side I'd park. On inquiry with the traffic policemen i found out we had parked on a wrong side of the road! And then the story continues on how we waited in the traffic police station for a good half an hour to get my bike released. Luckily my bike was unharmed. I must admit the towing guys are good. And know what is the best part in this all? I was fined 300 bucks!! And the bills showed me that the traffic regulations ticket was valued at 100 bucks only and the towing charges were 200 bucks!! Who the hell asked them to tow my bike? ;) hahahahaha. God, I'm back now and am happy my bike is unharmed. But i lost a good deal of money that i could've used it to buy tickets for a good movie is some multiplex if, if i was a little smarter. ;) can't help. But then this will give me a good idea on how things work here.

Well, as to give an idea how it works here i'll write down what i learnt. You know, the moral of the story. ;) i got to know how parking works on some roads in Bangalore now. :) The parking sign board has some numbers printed beneath the parking sign. Like say 1, 3, 5, 7, 9. This means you can park on the side where the sign board is put up on odd numbered days of the month only!! and the other side of road has signboard reading 2, 4, 6, 8 which means parking on even days of the month. I don't know how this works better!! I mean can't they jus make one side of road as parking permanently?!!! Whatever.. i need to be extra careful henceforth.. ;)

No comments: