Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Quick lookback...

It's been a month since i landed up in Bangalore. It's been a pleasant stay out here. I wouldn't compare Udupi and Bangalore as it would be blunder of sorts. Each have their own adv. and disadvantages. But i would just take a look back as to where i stand now after a month's time and a job/place shift later. As an individual it's bought me a lot of good. I got explore to certain new areas in technology. Got to learn more new things in the place where i work. A good deal of knowledge on how big and well managed company/management works. And as a shift in career it's on sunnier side. One word of caution though for the people who say being in Bangalore is like getting to work with the best. This is not true in my case at least as of now. What i mean to say is the company i used to work earlier too had good amount of exposure in terms of technologies even though it was not based in Bangalore. So just being in Bangalore doesn't mean I'm in middle of ground breaking technology work. I'm yet to experience something great in terms of magnitude in technology. Lets keep it at that. Lemme see what I've in store for the near future. On personal front, i think i have less spare time to myself now as i loose more time for travel. An hour a day more at least goes to commuting to work. Other than that i get to live in a bigger city where i have access to anything i need. Literally there is nothing that i cannot get if i can afford it here. And you happen to know, see and explore a lot more into many things that you've been wanting to do. For example i got to see the prototype of a Mclaren-Mercedes F1 car in the middle of forum mall. It was put up on a promotional display. I wouldn't have seen it if i were in Udupi. Things like this is something that gives you a high. All in all I'm getting to love this place too as i did the earlier one. :)

No comments: