Friday, April 11, 2008

Second post.... Cycling!!

The second post on my blog the very next day of starting the blog is something that won't come as a surprise. But still, there are so many things running inside my head now. Am confused what to write. Hmmm...anyways, let me start something now before this becomes a para of it's own!! ;)

One of my most loved pastime used to be cycling as a kid(Not that i've grown very old now). I loved my tricycle as small kid at age of 3. Whole day i used to go around on my three wheeler inside the house. Making strange noises with my mouth that today's Hayabusa owners are familiar with... ;) Hehehee... you know how it is. Now this untill my mom got fed up with the sound of wheel rolling on the floor and my noises(though it was like music to me then). And as all good things come to an end, my cycle broke down to two pieces when i did the unwanted. Took it to the play ground. Now this did not break it. I fancied dirt bikes as a kid and thought i could do the same wit this 3 wheeler of mine and i crashed on my first stunt. No Surprises. That was the end of the tri cycle.

Then i went to school and had nice time untill one fine day i got a bicycle at my age of 11. A red Hero 'Impact'. And it was to be my companion for another two years before i was sent to a boarding school. No more bicycles as bicycles were not allowed to be carried to the hostels. All the fun i had riding cycles were lost in the next 10-12 years. Untill, one fine morning when i happened to notice a bicycle riding kid. I stress 'notice' because a cyclin kid is not a rare sight. But that particular day fortunately i happened to remember my days as a kid. the fun and frolic i had riding those 2 cycles. I wanted one now. But the problem was convincing my people around me that i wanted to ride one too. None of my friends liked the idea of me on a bicycle. Don't be surprised, not many people in my country pursue cycling as a hobby when they grow up to be men. They are happy jetting off in thier motored vehicles. Also many of them don't have slightest of the idea what goodies a cycle can bring you even when you are in your 20s. Some jeer and some wonder as you cycle your way. Here cycles, after a certain age is only for people who can't afford to buy a motored wheel. They jus can't take the fact that it can be good means of exercise, Stress buster, means of transport and above all, GREEN. Ya, i love the fact that it's more environment friendly than all the two wheelers if i am not wrong. Though the pace at which you reach the destination is slow, we could always use it on day when we have ample amount of time to get our work done. I went ahead and bought my Hercules 'Omega' with 21 gear combinations.

To be continued...

1 comment:

vivek said...

good dude...
now i expect more creative idea.. hehehehe
:D