Monday, May 26, 2008

Thumb drive's dip!

Something interesting happened yesterday. I found it surprising and thought would be good to report this. It's about my thumb drive. I recently acquired a Transcend jetflash v60 thumb drive. A capacity of 8GB is something it boasts off. It's very handy and i jus have no hassles nor do i bother much to copy, carry data from one place to another. Usually carry it around in my coin pocket of my jeans trousers. Yesterday, like every other day i had carried the drive in my pockets. But what was unusual about it was i somehow forgot about the drive in the pocket. I Was in a hurry to attend a function and my mind was wandering as it was getting late. I jus removed my wallet from the trousers and soaked it in detergent. After half an hour it jus struck me that i've this drive soaked in detergent!! Ah ha... i went and took a look and with no amusement i pulled it out and washed the shell with tap water. Everything seemed to be over for the thumb drive. But wait, i jus thought why not test it and pulled the cap of the thumb to find it almost dry. Wow! and suddenly my dead hope got a boost. I decided to keep the thumb lying around open overnight. Today morning i plugged-in the thumb to the laptop. Voila, it seemed to work and with no glitches and drama. As good as it was. Is it magic? i don't know. But then it works as of now and don't know how long. All hail transcend. Did i tell you that i previously owned a 512Mb pendrive from transcend. A jetflash v30. That is about almost 2 years old and is working great. But i never gave that a bath.. hehehehe. Wel, my hands are itching... ;)

No comments: