Monday, June 30, 2008

Wonderful weekend...

A very eventful weekend i must say. A bus trip, a party, iPod shuffle and a bike ride back to Bangalore. Office and back today. And am tiered after a long day at office too. The best part is today i got to go to office by my motorbike. :) And i could save a lot of time going by bike. A usual cab journey takes me about 40 mins one way and now it's reduced to almost half the amount of time. This i must say needs me to speed a bit which is not a problem. ;) Of everything what i liked the best was, i am occupied all these 20 minutes and it is the time my brain is occupied calculating a lot of probabilities on riding, speeding, braking, distance, surface and lot more of the variable that affect driving safely(safely here means without me getting hurt);)
Left Bangalore on Friday night on an overnight bus to Udupi. And this happened only after a bit of confusion at the bus stand of state owned road transport company. An hour late from the actual schedule fully ensured that me and my friend shyam arrived a full hour late at Udupi. Met up with my friends there. Had a bit of catching up to do and the lunch was a treat from me to them. Sai Parivar became our destination for the lunch. This place has great ambiance for a good get together for friends and family. A descent restaurant in Udupi i must say. And surprise surprise, i got a iPod shuffle as a gift from my pals. This was totally unexpected and i was so thrilled to receive one as it's something that i always wanted to own.
Rest of the day went in watching it drizzle all evening and also put across some worried expressions from my parents who were not very pleased to hear that i was traveling back to Bangalore on my bike. Obvious isn't is? 400 odd km on a two wheeler on pathetic roads with rain pouring can be risky business. But what is life if you don't live it to the fullest? So, the next day early in the morning me and shyam set out at 6AM to bangalore. To our luck we didn't rain for a about 50km. And later too it was sort of not heavy with just occasional drizzle here and there. Roads in the ghat section were a bit bad. Once we crossed the shiradi ghat, we literally were speeding. The ride till shiradi was excellent with Karkala, belthangady, dharmastala, kokkada and to NH 48 surrounded with lots of greenry. Roads were pretty good too till we joined NH48. And slowly we did make progress till we crossed hassan negotiating a big stretch of bad roads. Shyam it seemed like was waiting for this moment and chose to speed once we reached stretches of good roads. Reaching speeds like 115 km/hr was something i have not done myself on my bike. ;) A good 6 hours later we did feel tiered. Another 2 more hour struggle on the aching bum took us to our destination. The NICE corridor roads were very inviting and this is probably the only road that i road on where i got the feeling that my bike is not upto it. How much ever i speed, i could find some offroader zooming past me or i myself cursing for not being able to speed more. I think the Yamaha R6 i saw parked by the road was something meaningfully meant for the road. :) And i saw a couple of bike stunt performance on road with some teenagers doing wheelie on their RX 135!! that too with pillion riders.... A wheelie on highway is something i had seen only on youtube.. but i got to see it live yesterday. I must appreciate their guts but i would never risk to do something like that in highway. There are other places on this earth were i could try it sometime.. ;)
So at 4PM we did make it to the city and to our dwelling here. With bike dirty and us tired, we took some rest. Later decieded that the bike would be given for a wash. Clean it ended up in the porch of the house where i stay. :) Was more than happy to ride it to office a good 10KM in the morining. And it was drizzling here too. grinning at myself i did turn the throttle to start what looks like a busy week....

No comments: